Benefits of Mobile Dog Grooming
What could be more convenient than the groomer bringing his or her business to your front door? You are free to handle other chores or activities around your house while your dog is groomed.
- One-on-one-attention. Typically, a groomer is taking care of a number of dogs at the same time – monitoring the washing of one while checking out the nail clipping of another. With mobile dog grooming, the focus of the groomer is solely on your dog.
- Less stress for your dog. Part of the anxiety for your dog is leaving his or her home for a grooming that may or may not be a pleasurable experience. Using mobile dog grooming eliminates any discomfort or anxiety on the part of your dog on the ride over to the groomer.
- More comfortable for your dog. Many dog groomers keep dogs in crates or cages when they aren’t being groomed. This makes sense, because mixing a number of dogs together is only asking for trouble. But for a dog that never spends any time locked up in a cage or crate, the time spent at the dog groomer’s shop can’t be enjoyable.
- No more kennel cough. There’s no risk of any diseases that other dogs may be spreading at the dog groomer’s shop.
- Calmer experience. If your dog doesn’t seem to like going to the groomer, then mobile dog grooming could be an extremely positive experience. It’s possible that the cages, combined with the strange environment and barking dogs work together to make your dog upset. Getting groomed at home could show your dog the experience is nothing to be scared of.
- Great for older animals. There are many aspects of grooming that are soothing and positive for dogs. The combing and brushing removes dead skin and can be very calming. But as dogs get older, they may not tolerate trips to the groomer as well as they once did. Mobile dog grooming can keep an older dog’s coat in top condition, which is an important part of staying healthy.